Podiatrist Expert Witness
Stephen Kite BSc (Podiatric Medicine) University of Sunderland, MRCPod, DipPodMed
Founder: Stephen Kite qualified in 1986 and began practising Podiatric Medicine in 1987. His first practice was based in Torquay, Devon, where he built up a very busy podiatry practice within a short time. He is founder of award winning The Stephen Kite Practice, Dorset, United Kingdom and has treated many in the world of show business and sports.
He holds a Diploma in Podiatric Medicine, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Podiatric Medicine from New College (Durham) and The University of Sunderland, England and is qualified from Glasgow Caledonian University in Local Anaesthesia and Nail Surgery.
As a Podiatrist expert witness, Stephen Kite is an expert in Podiatric Medical matters, involving forensic, podiatry expert witness, personal injury, medical negligence and malpractice and CCTV gait analysis, and holds Certification from Bond Solon in part 35 and the Practice Direction part 35 for the protocol for the instruction of Experts to give evidence in Civil Claims and the Practice Direction on pre-action conduct.
Stephen has been involved in identifying suspects from CCTV footage for the defence and the prosecution in criminal cases using gait analysis and is one of only a small group of Forensic Podiatrists worldwide who have used this method of identification or elimination of suspects. Most notably was involved pre-trial of the last of the Hatton Garden suspects to be tried in 2019, he was also instrumental in the acquittal of a suspect wrongly accused of serious crimes where it was found that because of a certain gait characteristics proved could not have possibly been the involved of that crime.
He has provided and reviewed evidence for the defence and prosecution involving The National Crime Agency and The Health & Care Professions Council, (the regulatory body for Podiatrists in the UK), and he has acted as the Expert to National Health Service Health Boards and been asked to assist in cases of NHS whistleblowing allegations. His expert evidence has been instrumental in some very complex medico-legal cases and he has been invited to talk about and demonstrate Forensic Podiatry methods on BBC1 TV.
Professional Memberships: Member of The Royal College of Podiatry Number 30134, Health & Care Professions Council Number CH18754. Member of APIL registers of expert witnesses (The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Expert Witness) Member of the UK register of Expert Witnesses Number U31900, Member of The Society of Expert Witnesses, Member of the Federation of Forensic and Expert Witness. On the expert list of The Royal College of Podiatry. Member of the International Association for Identification number 34586.
- 2021. Podiatry and Podiatric Medicine Expert Witness of the Year in the United Kingdom – Corporate International Global Awards
- 2020. Podiatry and Podiatric Medicine Expert Witness of the Year in the United Kingdom. Global Advisory Experts Annual Awards
- 2020’s Most Outstanding Podiatrist in the UK – Pharmaceutical & Health Care Awards
- 2019. Lawyer Monthly Expert Witness Awards. Winner for recognition of specialized knowledge and experience within the area of: Gait analysis, forensic – UK
- 2018. Private Podiatry Practice of the Year (UK Enterprise Awards SME news).
- 2017. The Healthcare Leadership Award Nominee (Lead Tribune Media Group, publisher of Venue Magazine, Cincinnati).
- 2017. Best Podiatry Practice Dorset. Pharmaceutical & Health Care Awards.
- 2016. Best Private Podiatry Practice South West of England Winner. Pharmaceutical & Health Care Awards.